Katie Roman Books
|Posted on February 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on February 6, 2020 at 8:25 PM|
|Posted on February 4, 2020 at 6:50 PM|
We survived a month in the new year. Somehow. I have been busy.
- I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately. If Scribd thought I wasn't going to take full, abusive, advantage of the 30-day free trial, it was dead wrong. If I continue with a subscription after the 30 days is another story. This includes listening to all 60 hours of Les Misérables. Now you don't have to, because once Marius got introduced, that book just annoyed me. Never have I wanted to punch a character in the face as much as I wanted to punch Marius. Just the Worst. Anyway, to my actual goal, I'd like to finish at least three books this month (reading and listening)
- I'm working on getting the first Wattpad story ready for a March release. For those unfamiliar with Wattpad, I will upload it as a weekly serial. I am into chapter three now and will hopefully have at least five chapters ready before the first chapter goes up on Wattpad.
|Posted on February 3, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on January 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on January 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
I like a good fluff historical book that touches on many things. And this one fits the bill. It follows queens including Arsinoe (Cleopatra's sister) to Princess Di and how society/political enemies ruined them.
|Posted on January 13, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on January 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on December 30, 2019 at 7:00 PM|
|Posted on December 28, 2019 at 7:20 PM|
We are heading into a new decade. What is up with that? I fell behind on my monthly goals because I fell into a reading and writing slump as I finished out the semester. So what does 2020 hold?
- Actual publishing? I didn't publish anything in 2019 and looking at my current works in progress, 2020 doesn't look great. I am disillusioned with self-publishing and I think it contributed to my lack of ambition to finish anything. So I thought back to the roots of the Death Dealer books. Waaay back in 2006 I wrote the first book in a serialized format on a forum. Even the first draft of Mere Mortal was serialized on Deviant Art. I'm going to go back to that. I've decided to give Wattpad a try with two WIPs. I've already put the plan in motion and will have dates for the start of serialization soon.
- Reading. 2019 was a bad year for reading. There were a few books I devoured, but most I meandered through until ultimately given up. I kept given epic fantasy a try and you know what? If it's not Tolkien, I'm not interested in your sweeping epic. Since I am thoroughly engrossed in The Witcher Netflix series, I do want to at least give the first book in that saga a try, but otherwise my reading goals are not ambitious. Last year I had a Goodreads goal of 60, in the past that hasn't been difficult to reach. However, I still missed it. By a lot. This year I dropped it to 30.
- Freelance. I'm going to have to swallow my disgust and get back on Twitter (@KatieRomanBooks) in the hopes of drumming attention to my freelance work. There's still a possibility I will return to fiverr, but only for extremely short projects of 10k words or less. I enjoy ghostwriting. It has it's downsides and fiverr is not great, but the work pleases me, so the return to fiverr is not totally off the table. Word of mouth helps in bringing in clients. Wink wink nudge nudge, to anyone reading this. Fanfiction can make a great gift, is the last I'll say about it for now.